As a Taiwanese Polityka i władza

The best to way to define myself is "culturally Chinese, politically Taiwanese." I believe that people of my generation (born in 1988 or later) would agree.

A topic that has been locked caught my eyes cuz it's about Taiwan and I saw a young Japanese guy who is against a French, saying that Taiwan is part of China and Japan is stick to the position of China.

I've learned Japanese for about 20 years and I've lived in Japan for about 3 years. To be honest, the longer I live in Japan, the less I like it. There is always room for improvement. The Japanese guy has desactivated his account. He mentioned that infrastracture in Taiwan is awful and it's worse than Okinawa. He said that people get vaccination of AZ and the government is approving of the US pork. He even said that Japanese is better than French.

I have not been to Okinawa so I cannot judge.

As for the train accident, it's a matter of human factors.
Not only Japan but also Lithuania has donated vaccinations to Taiwan.
AZ might not be the best vaccination but it's recognized internationally.
If Japan is so good, why does it donate vaccination that Japanese doesn't use to other country to show gratitude?

I don't like Taiwan cuz it's too hot and too populated. However, whenever I am in a foreign country, I make it clear that I am Taiwanese but not Chinese. I was born and raised in Taiwan and have never been to China. I use traditional Chinese. I can surf the net to watch social media such as YouTube and Facebook without using VPN. We can criticize the government with harsh words without being worried to be caught and disappear. I can travel around the world easily with my green passport. Taiwanese can stay in Japan for 90 days without visa. I've worked at a department store in Osaka. I was in charge of tax refund. There were many Chinese people buying cosmetics to resell. I saw their passports are full of 14 days visa stamps.

I know it's useless to argue with people have been seriously brainwashed. I just want to tell the truth and thank those who defend for Taiwan, for freedom, for human rights.

I've been asked whether I want to get married when taking a job interview in Japan. There are so many smoking people in Japan that passing through convenience stores and smoking stations make me sick. Even my teacher who is from Kyoto but has lived in Beijing for a long time said that Taiwan is not a country in the class.
I dont' know whether the guy has watched the Olympic games. NHK called Taiwan but not Chinese Taipei, the named we were often asked to use under the pressure of China.

I left Taiwan to study translation and interpreation in Japan in September 2016 and came back to Taiwan on October 1 2019. I was glad that I came back to the safest country right before the pandemic.

After visiting north America and Japan, I found the place I have the least chance to bump into Chinese is my home country, Taiwan.

I plan to run airbnb. Welcome to Taiwan and stay at my tiny but cozy place. To see is not always to believe but it's better to judge after you have exprienced.

Merci beaucoup! Bienvenu à Taïwan et je vous invite de rester chez moi😁

대만에 놀로 와주십시오.

日本に3年ほど住んでも日本語が下手ですが、一応翻訳と通訳を勉強しましたので、以上の内容を日本語で説明することができます。必要な方はご遠慮なく教えてください。

If you meet a Chinese, tell him/her that Taiwan belongs to China. If you meet a Taiwanese, tell him/her that Taiwan is an independent country. This way, you personally are still very confused with what Taiwan is, but you please both Chineses and Taiwaneses.
If you want to trigger an instant rage mode, do the opposite.

* Also works with Hong-Kong instead of Taiwan.

On a more serious note. What a Japanese says is irrelevant regarding its government supporting this or that, and I'd argue that if he might be right on some points, but his lack of understanding of context and politic in general, added to his vents, made his whole posts on the matter rather uninteresting (plus it was in Japanese, which I had to check on DeepL back then to get a clue about what he said).

Taiwan is a Chinese territory and must return to China? For me it’s not the problem. This eventuality could be discussed with the Taiwanese themselves if China was a democratic country who respect human rights rather than a communist dictatorship. In reality, the Taiwaneses first don’t want to be submitted to tyranny and I absolutely understand them. With such logic, South Korea must surrender to the dictatorship of North Korea that is a good friend of the communist China to unify at new this country. Nearer from me, may be France could claim a part of Belgium or Swiss because some of them speak French?
We can only hope that USA will not let down Taiwan in case of invasion. They are the only one who can avoid this disaster.

Perhaps real autonomy for Taiwan within the PRC could be a solution, since the ROC has a well-developed security apparatus ? Compare "Offer to Taiwan and other ROC-controlled areas" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_administrative_regions_of_China#Offer_to_Taiwan_and_other_ROC-controlled_areas

The best to way to define myself is "culturally Chinese, politically Taiwanese." I believe that people of my generation (born in 1988 or later) would agree.

A topic that has been locked caught my eyes cuz it's about Taiwan and I saw a young Japanese guy who is against a French, saying that Taiwan is part of China and Japan is stick to the position of China.

I've learned Japanese for about 20 years and I've lived in Japan for about 3 years. To be honest, the longer I live in Japan, the less I like it. There is always room for improvement. The Japanese guy has desactivated his account. He mentioned that infrastracture in Taiwan is awful and it's worse than Okinawa. He said that people get vaccination of AZ and the government is approving of the US pork. He even said that Japanese is better than French.

I have not been to Okinawa so I cannot judge.

As for the train accident, it's a matter of human factors.
Not only Japan but also Lithuania has donated vaccinations to Taiwan.
AZ might not be the best vaccination but it's recognized internationally.
If Japan is so good, why does it donate vaccination that Japanese doesn't use to other country to show gratitude?

I don't like Taiwan cuz it's too hot and too populated. However, whenever I am in a foreign country, I make it clear that I am Taiwanese but not Chinese. I was born and raised in Taiwan and have never been to China. I use traditional Chinese. I can surf the net to watch social media such as YouTube and Facebook without using VPN. We can criticize the government with harsh words without being worried to be caught and disappear. I can travel around the world easily with my green passport. Taiwanese can stay in Japan for 90 days without visa. I've worked at a department store in Osaka. I was in charge of tax refund. There were many Chinese people buying cosmetics to resell. I saw their passports are full of 14 days visa stamps.

I know it's useless to argue with people have been seriously brainwashed. I just want to tell the truth and thank those who defend for Taiwan, for freedom, for human rights.

I've been asked whether I want to get married when taking a job interview in Japan. There are so many smoking people in Japan that passing through convenience stores and smoking stations make me sick. Even my teacher who is from Kyoto but has lived in Beijing for a long time said that Taiwan is not a country in the class.
I dont' know whether the guy has watched the Olympic games. NHK called Taiwan but not Chinese Taipei, the named we were often asked to use under the pressure of China.

I left Taiwan to study translation and interpreation in Japan in September 2016 and came back to Taiwan on October 1 2019. I was glad that I came back to the safest country right before the pandemic.

After visiting north America and Japan, I found the place I have the least chance to bump into Chinese is my home country, Taiwan.

I plan to run airbnb. Welcome to Taiwan and stay at my tiny but cozy place. To see is not always to believe but it's better to judge after you have exprienced.

Merci beaucoup! Bienvenu à Taïwan et je vous invite de rester chez moi😁

대만에 놀로 와주십시오.

日本に3年ほど住んでも日本語が下手ですが、一応翻訳と通訳を勉強しましたので、以上の内容を日本語で説明することができます。必要な方はご遠慮なく教えてください。

well said!

Perhaps real autonomy for Taiwan within the PRC could be a solution, since the ROC has a well-developed security apparatus ? Compare "Offer to Taiwan and other ROC-controlled areas" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_administrative_regions_of_China#Offer_to_Taiwan_and_other_ROC-controlled_areas
A real autonomy for Taiwan within the PRC ? It’s an absolute naivety to believe that a territory and its habitants could be independent under the control of the Chinese government. You seem consider Honk Hong is an example but look at what’s happened to Honk Hong: In spite the promises, the communist government install its own pawns at the responsibilities authoritatively or via rigged elections, the protestors were violently repressed, arrested or disappeared downright. This situation is more or less identical to what happened in Macao, Tibet or the Uighurs. In the face of a criminal regime, it’s impossible to make concessions if not it’s rapidly slavery. A solution could be that all the free countries recognize Taiwan as an independent country as did recently Lithuania.

A real autonomy for Taiwan within the PRC ? It’s an absolute naivety to believe that a territory and its habitants could be independent under the control of the Chinese government. You seem consider Honk Hong is an example but look at what’s happened to Honk Hong: In spite the promises, the communist government install its own pawns at the responsibilities authoritatively or via rigged elections, the protestors were violently repressed, arrested or disappeared downright. This situation is more or less identical to what happened in Macao, Tibet or the Uighurs. In the face of a criminal regime, it’s impossible to make concessions if not it’s rapidly slavery. A solution could be that all the free countries recognize Taiwan as an independent country as did recently Lithuania.

So Hong Kong, Macao and Tibet and also the Uighurs had a functional military apparatus to protect them ? Interesting, because Taiwan has for another possible solution. So your comparission is totally failing and has no logic in itself Mr. Anil. Best Regards.

Your wrote:
"So Hong Kong, Macao and Tibet and also the Uighurs had a functional military apparatus to protect them ? Interesting, because Taiwan has for another possible solution. So your comparission is totally failing and has no logic in itself Mr. Anil. Best Regards."

Could you rephrase your message and develop it further? Maybe I misunderstood.

It was a rhetorical question. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I said Taiwan, for example, has a developed military and, within the framework of an autonomy with the PRC, could not be treated in the same way as other former SARs that did not have an armed power. Could the guarantee of autonomy be respected here?

I suppose Taiwanese saw how China respect the autonomy of the special region and so don’t want this kind of system. They are already independent and I don’t see why they would give a part of their sovereignty to this regime. The Taiwanese army is not enough strong to resist to the Chinese army, the assurance of the free countries support is the only solution.

I suppose Taiwanese saw how China respect the autonomy of the special region and so don’t want this kind of system. They are already independent and I don’t see why they would give a part of their sovereignty to this regime. The Taiwanese army is not enough strong to resist to the Chinese army, the assurance of the free countries support is the only solution.

The point is not to hold off an attack, it is simply a matter of deterring the PRC. The price for an attack on Taiwan by the PRC would be too high if Taiwan were an autonomous part of the PRC (Taiwan SAR). And besides, it would be pointless for the PRC to attack an incorporated Taiwan just to end its autonomy because there is more to lose than to gain. The armed force of a Taiwan SAR should definitely be sufficient for this. Sincerely.

Let China have a foot on Taiwan with an autonomy as a special region would be a big mistake that would the beginning of the end of the “free Taiwan”. The price to pay for China would be even more expensive in case of attack against an independent Taiwan allied with other democratic countries. Since decades communist China always showed its bad faith. There is no reason to consider the communist regime as credible.

Let China have a foot on Taiwan with an autonomy as a special region would be a big mistake that would the beginning of the end of the “free Taiwan”. The price to pay for China would be even more expensive in case of attack against an independent Taiwan allied with other democratic countries. Since decades communist China always showed its bad faith. There is no reason to consider the communist regime as credible.

Well, the two Chinas will work that out between themselves, even without Western help ...

Free elections in Taiwan showed that the Taiwanese don’t want to join the continental China. If the unification was done would be in a violent way. The question is: will the Chinese dare invading Taiwan and in this case, will the USA dare protecting Taiwan?
You are an unusual German who support communism. Yet in Germany there is still memory of the time of the East Germany. This wonderful communist country where people tried to escape even at the risk of their life. To the point that East Germany authorities made a wall, not to protect them but to avoid a hemorrhage of population to the west.

Communism is of course not the solution, and neither is supporting ultra-nationalism at the expense of realpolitik.

Yes communism and nationalism are not the solutions. Yet China is already ultra-communist and ultra nationalist. Real politic at short term could be to let China doing what it want to be quiet. At long term that could be a real danger for human rights and democracy for all the planet. Look at Honk Hong, to be candidate at the last elections for the legislative council that took place today, you must be a “good patriot” and of course it’s the communist government that decides who has this “quality”. To be more precise, these ” elected representatives” are only 20 among the ninety members of this council, the others are appointed ex officio by elite political committees at the orders of power. In any real democratic country it would be unthinkable.

Free elections in Taiwan showed that the Taiwanese don’t want to join the continental China. If the unification was done would be in a violent way. The question is: will the Chinese dare invading Taiwan and in this case, will the USA dare protecting Taiwan?
You are an unusual German who support communism. Yet in Germany there is still memory of the time of the East Germany. This wonderful communist country where people tried to escape even at the risk of their life. To the point that East Germany authorities made a wall, not to protect them but to avoid a hemorrhage of population to the west.

if they do it could start a world war: China invades Taiwan US and QUAD,NATO,AUKUS in Taiwan support north korea would most likely choose to go with china, and Russia would most likely stay neutral and it would be nuclear

if they do it could start a world war: China invades Taiwan US and QUAD,NATO,AUKUS in Taiwan support north korea would most likely choose to go with china, and Russia would most likely stay neutral and it would be nuclear

I agree with you but I think Russia would go for the baltic states and Ukraine as well while PRC invades Taiwan and US bases in Asia to stretch NATO thin.