Do you think a person has the RIGHT to commit suicide? Wszystko i nic

Seak people are exeptance here. I think they should have right for siucide.
One group may lawfully obtain medical assistance in terminating their life-sustaining treatment, including food and water, but the other group, whose treatment does not involve life support systems, cannot obtain medical assistance to hasten death. Defendants argue that death resulting from the removal of life support systems is “natural” while that resulting from other medical assistance is “artificial.” Complex matter in law indeed.

Seems funny that I can't make friends anymore and you all are talking about suicide rights so that I can go knock myself off for how I feel.

What is an "enlightened role model"?

Someone who achieved real freedom.

Hah! Freedom does not exist, man will never be free, unfortunately...

Seak people are exeptance here. I think they should have right for siucide.
One group may lawfully obtain medical assistance in terminating their life-sustaining treatment, including food and water, but the other group, whose treatment does not involve life support systems, cannot obtain medical assistance to hasten death. Defendants argue that death resulting from the removal of life support systems is “natural” while that resulting from other medical assistance is “artificial.” Complex matter in law indeed.
But not in all countries/states

Seems funny that ...

When people think about suicide, they have been preoccupied with this issue for quite a while.
In our case – in this day and age – there are so many people that the individual person is almost
irrelevant. For me personally, this is the starting point. Suicide is a global phenomenon and of
course it cannot be eliminated by legislation. The cause is so connected to our 'Way of Life' that it
is almost impossible to bring about a change ... WITHOUT examining that very 'way'.

SO, ARE WE – globally – on a suicide trip?

ce droit appartient a chaque personne en situation de désespoirs qui malheureusement ne peut pas se contrôlé.il y a différentes sorte de suicide par exemple le sos qui ne passera pas a l'acte et le suicidaire qui fera l'acte. si on appartient a une religion le suicide est interdit.

Seems funny that ...

When people think about suicide, they have been preoccupied with this issue for quite a while.
In our case – in this day and age – there are so many people that the individual person is almost
irrelevant. For me personally, this is the starting point. Suicide is a global phenomenon and of
course it cannot be eliminated by legislation. The cause is so connected to our 'Way of Life' that it
is almost impossible to bring about a change ... WITHOUT examining that very 'way'.

I'm probably loaded with my ego which tells me to keep surviving as I'm full of myself. Suicide itself seems like a malicious act in it's bizarre, conflictive act, but thinking about it, lots of people know it's very noble to fight for a greater cause and sacrifice oneself for it. But like in societies of rats or other species, we've become less intellectual and ae just feeding ourselves to stay alive; what purpose do we have left on this over-crowded planet with so many man-made comforts and no real friendship left? Lots of us can look and see others with a great married life because the woman finds the best suitor for her while the rest of the men will turn homosexual, or even pull out of societal roles completely because there are few spaces left for ingenuity. I find that when a population is over-crowded it takes less safety precautions to preserve their species, some will find alternative roles or even have mental health issues till we can only take out what does not fit in others' space.

Seems funny that ...

I'm probably loaded with my ego...

You express my concerns in slightly different words & in a slightly different way, Daniel.
I perceive every suicide as a kind of painful disaster ... because it shows, above all, what
kind of situation we have got ourselves into globally. But I feel even worse about the
indifference that is screaming everywhere. Here – in my opinion – stupidity & ignorance
are married. It is the absolutely deadliest combination, – when it comes to making
necessary changes... BUT ... this is born out of a kind of sleeping state. I hope mankind
will wake up soon.

Edytowane przez Lir_Elhan .

They can overcome the fear of death but can’t overcome other problems…

This is an incredibly insensitive thing to say and I really hope you're going to educate yourself on the topic before continuing to say something like this.

It's not random "other problems". It's not "Oh, I don't want to work the rest of my life." or "I don't get enough vacation." or whatever the hell you think it is.

It might be someone with a deadly cancer, who knows they're going to die a painful death within the next 6 months. It might be someone with excruciating chronic pain, knowing that they will NEVER get relieve from it as long as they live. It might be someone who fought in a war, who has seen hundreds of people die, who had to kill some of said people, who is haunted by memories awake and asleep and doesn't have any hope that the future is going to be bright ever again. It might be someone who was abused, bullied, never appreciated even once in their life, and who just can't deal with the emotional pain anymore. It might be someone who lost everything because of a war, or a natural catastrophe, or whatever reason, and doesn't see a reason to live anymore. It might he someone who's severely depressed and who's own mind is constantly fighting against them.

You know what all these people have in common? They don't know if it's ever going to get better. They don't know if their problem is ever going to be manageable, if there's ever going to be light in their lives again, if the reasons to live are ever going to outweigh the reasons to die. They lost hope, and they came to conclusion that the only peace they get will be in death.

Don't you dare undermine their experience. Nobody commits suicide, takes their entire life on a whim, because they had a bad day. There were months and months and possibly entire years of struggle and no hope. Suddenly, death doesn't looks scary anymore, but like the only thing that will stop the pain.

I should add: Seek help when you're struggling. There's phone numbers you can call, and organizations to turn to. This is the only life you have and a better day can always come.

Edytowane przez Chaos .

...there is probably no malicious intent behind it and those who are affected in some
way generally feel more sensitive. It is a very sensitive topic in which statements can
quickly become 'borderline'. In some cases, it is therefore perhaps more prudent to
abstain ... instead of leaving a statement that can quickly be misunderstood...

...on the other hand, borderline statements very often cause someone to look into
the subject a little deeper ... something that at least I myself find very enriching. I
definitely like deeper illuminations better ... 🙂

Edytowane przez Lir_Elhan .

...there is probably no malicious intent behind it and those who are affected in some way generally feel more sensitive.
I'm not and have never been affected by suicide in any way, I just have empathy. It's not hard to educate yourself on these things with the internet and lots of people talking about their struggles on here.

Putting it as if suicide was caused because people are too lazy/weak/whatever to overcome "other problems" is just straight up disrespectful to these people who are now dead, and those who are currently struggling with such thoughts.

...there is probably no malicious intent behind it and those who are affected in some way generally feel more sensitive.
I'm not and have never been affected by suicide in any way, I just have empathy. It's not hard to educate yourself on these things with the internet and lots of people talking about their struggles on here.

Putting it as if suicide was caused because people are too lazy/weak/whatever to overcome "other problems" is just straight up disrespectful to these people who are now dead, and those who are currently struggling with such thoughts.

Suicide is an incredibly complex subject. It cannot be dealt with in one forum and there is no universal perspective on suicide.
That is why I propose to answer the topic only on the basis of the question posed by the thread creator. Namely: "Do you think a person has the RIGHT to commit suicide?

This is indead a very sensitive topic. But I am glad that it moved some of you to reply with more than yes or no. Why can`t we just read the answers and look what others have to say? Most of us wrote on our profile that we want to get to know other cultures and people. We don`t have to agree but we shouldn`t judge too quickly. Maybe we have the chance to expand our sight. We can surely learn to respect others and to recognize that there is a lot to learn about communication. With so many cultures here on ppg there is a good chance for misunderstandings but we can try to overcome these. This topic moved a lot inside of me and let me think of how I really appreciate life. Everybody has the right to question life, even someone like me who is very priviliged with family, friends, home and money. And yes, this whole world is on a suicidal trip.

当然,这是每个人的自由
但我不建议这样做,这个世界很美好
你可以这样做:找朋友倾诉 或做运动 阅读...

That is why I propose to answer the topic only on the basis of the question posed by the thread creator. Namely: "Do you think a person has the RIGHT to commit suicide?
First of all, this is not a survey on which people find suicide alright, and which don't. This is a more or less public thread about a very emotionally charged topic, and it's obviously going to stir up conversations. I'm not going to stop calling people out for being insensitive and disrespectful just because you don't think I should say anything that isn't a direct response to the original question.

Secondly, based on the responses of some of the people in this thread, I feel like there's some education and reflection needed when it comes to this topic. I'm happy to provide some perspective, because nobody here is going to take anything from this thread if everybody just responded yes or no, with no actual conversation happening.

...there is probably...

Suicide is an incredibly complex subject...

I am interested in learning what people feel and why they decide
for or against something. I cannot expect to be granted this wish
if I do not live by it myself. I am also practising 'my' English... 🙂

Seeing DouglasGao Chastised just reminds me of how we live in this critical world ready to judge us for something we want to share, everybody wants to think they're right to think someone else is wrong. In reality we're all dealing with our own selfishness out of the limits of our insights and will always have a choose to listen to what others say about how we're doing, or to keep trying to survive with a thick skin. In the end some of us don't handle criticism well but our own criticism is the worst that can break us. Lots of suffering in the world is not the same as pain. The ignorant choose to suffer, but the naive grow in pain. Everyone seems to try their best to choose wisely based on what circumstances they are presented with in a given moment. There's lots of imitation to live like other people but we can't please anyone but ourselves. But others will naturally want to think they can correct us for a better point of view than ours' but in the end we all only leave a mark in this world for the way we can make someone feel and not our own achievements.

Sometimes I wonder if I end forums or is it a sign of respect when I get the last word?