Did you ever stop writing to somebody? What was the reason? Życie codzienne

Did you ever stop writing to somebody? What was the reason?
Too much efford, too often? Too less time because of family or daily business etc.?

Or just because other reasons?

Yeah, many many times. Cause that people wanted to write elsewhere or they ask too many private questions.

Okay, but in that case you should think about the sense of a penfriendship.
A penfriendship usually developes into a deeper dive into topics.

Not for me. I can write with someone in the normal way without topics of my private life.

Because the messages were getting to be further and further apart

Because the messages were getting to be further and further apart
This is usually the case for me too. At some point maybe life just gets busy for either person, or someone loses interest.

I've also have that situation in real life for years now, where after months one of us will text the other. I don't like it but I also don't want to say anything.

I think I also almost lost touch with another friend, but now we chat more often again.

I guess life happens. And no matter how many times it happens, it doesn't get easier when the path diverges from a good friend.

To be honest, I was always left, sometimes rudely and suddenly, without explanations, sometimes with more politeness, some other times quietly. The first kind of leaving is the most fastidious, but I think that in this cases (especially when the contact is effectued by the other), the person was looking for something else and he was not so coehrent with himself or with the spirit of a pen pal. So, I always think it was better that way.

Did you inform your opponent that you won´t write back anymore or did you just "ghost" him/her ?

I think ghosting is one of the meanfulest actions you can do with somebody - let people alone with the reason and just don´t care anymore isn´t that nice.