More tolerance for more understanding Polityka i władza

Apparently, many people have learned nothing from the mistakes of the past. Conflicts in the world are increasing, even armed ones, and terms such as "disunity, tensions, adversaries, terror, war and aggression" are gaining the upper hand. Germany, my home country, is arming itself to prepare for a confrontation with Russia (mentioned by name) in about 5 - 6 years. And an increasing polarization can be observed in the country itself. Demonstrations are only ever "against" the others, who are seen as opponents from the outset. This can even be observed more and more frequently in political debates. The outrage creates a broad space, it is about the "violation of international law and democratic values". As a rule, some are the good guys and others the bad guys.

I therefore think it is time to re-evaluate things and take corrective action, because all previous measures and assessments of specific situations have not brought us any further, but on the contrary have led us even deeper into the quagmire of the decline of human culture.

Hence the following proposal:
Let's start to move beyond the confines of our own thinking and think about why others do certain things not the way we think is right, but the way they think is right. Perhaps we will develop a new perspective on the unsatisfactory situation because we will then start to look at things from the point of view of others. Please do not misunderstand: This is by no means about developing understanding for others, especially not when they have demonstrably done bad things. Nor is it about sharing opinions. It's about understanding why the others allowed themselves to be carried away by this or that act, which is incomprehensible to us. In this way, we may find a way to the others, so that in the end the others are no longer others. By becoming clear about the goals of others, by talking to them about them and not about them, we may end up finding a common solution to end conflicts.

Confrontation only leads to more confrontation, violence to more violence, that is my firm conviction. I have seen countless films and documentaries about the transgressions of "humanity" and I know where this will lead in the end. And there are many indications that we are once again on the cusp of such a transgression, which could reach global proportions.

I think that every country has its own special culture. I would never presume to claim that my country's culture is the most sensible and desirable. It is important to respect certain views and customs that may be diametrically opposed to our values, but which seem intrinsic and indispensable to other cultures (excluding customs that violate international law, of course). Then - I am convinced - we will be one step closer.

What do you think? Do you have any ideas?

Maybe the tolerance for understanding is only a small part of the problem.You know,that is more like a morality between persons instead of countries.For me,I can't understand what leaders are thinking about at all.And I also have no ideas what we can do with big topics like the conflicts,the wars.To be honest,I am really sad of most people.They don't care any values or qualities.They only care about the benefits.Meanwhile,a lot of people don't have independent (They think they have,but actually they are just carried away by what others told them).So at the root,it just becomes the game where different groups of people chase for their power.It is really like what humans did in the ancient times,isn't it,killing and firing for food or jewels.

I agree with you. You are an intelligent and attentive person! I have already tried to change things. Unfortunately, they failed. Nevertheless, I see an opportunity. I am an idealist! There are many initiatives, associations and groups. But almost all of them are dependent on a certain guideline or are partisan. Or very regional. I think it's good when people from many countries unite to form an initiative that finds a voice. A voice for peace and understanding without borders and without preconditions. A voice that makes proposals. To the politicians and those who have power. I am not naive. The prospects of success are very slim. Those in power will always be interested in retaining or even expanding their power. But perhaps an initiative that unites many people from many countries can inspire them to change their minds in certain ways. Especially if it is also in their interest. True to the motto: big things always start small! It's worth a try. Only in trying is there hope. Without it, you've already lost.