New updates are out! Wiadomości i aktualizacje

We have been working hard to release this update, which includes:
- major profile page redesign
- introduction of page covers
- new and better integrated colour themes
- better mobile integration
- minor theme and icons updates
- many small bug fixes and improvements

The next update will probably cover threads for private messages.

Until then, please let us know if you find bugs, don't assume we already know. And feel free to give general feedback. 🙂

Penpal-Gate is a volunteer project, donations are greatly appreciated if you like the community.

Thank you for reading

The background on profile page should have 750x400 as its written, but when i uploaded photo with this size, there was notification with too small size.

I don't even get the notification that its too small, loading?

We have been working hard to release this update, which includes:
- major profile page redesign
- introduction of page covers
- new and better integrated colour themes
- better mobile integration
- minor theme and icons updates
- many small bug fixes and improvements

The next update will probably cover threads for private messages.

Until then, please let us know if you find bugs, don't assume we already know. And feel free to give general feedback. 🙂

Penpal-Gate is a volunteer project, donations are greatly appreciated if you like the community.

Thank you for reading

Can the profile be private or not?

The background on profile page should have 750x400 as its written, but when i uploaded photo with this size, there was notification with too small size.

There was indeed an issue that has been fixed. Thank you

I don't even get the notification that its too small, loading?

What do you mean?

Can the profile be private or not?

No, profiles can't be private. This community is for meeting new people, therefore making profiles private would defeat the purpose.

i don't see the popup that the picture must be 750 x 400, i just click and it looks like nothing happens.

fixed it🙂

For people reporting issues, It would help the admins If you said which browser and which version, also If you were using a computer or smartphone. To find the Version of your browser go to Help > about "browser"
My only issue is finding long skinny images for the banner 🙂.

Maybe next update we can have buttons for formatting text?

It's a bit annoying having to type the input code

My only issue is finding long skinny images for the banner 🙂.

Right, that's best for desktop. One thing worth noting though is that the ratio on mobile is more like 4:3 (~55% of visits are on mobile, 45% desktop).

Maybe next update we can have buttons for formatting text? It's a bit annoying having to type the input code

True. People usually don't format text though so it's just a quick way to make it possible without sacrificing time on our end to make more widely used stuff

The layout of the site looks way better and friendly is us. My compliments..... Keep going like this and all good work 😁

Maybe a little idea..... if people have a private chat with each other, is it possible that you send pics to and can choose different kind of fontstyle 😃

Maybe a little idea..... if people have a private chat with each other, is it possible that you send pics to and can choose different kind of fontstyle 😃

Custom font style is probably not something that will be added, however it would be interesting to add the ability to share pictures sometime in the future. 🙂

Noticed this on google it says "meet penpals from all over the world • penpal gate" also it says "login • penpal gate" also some ideas, each profile saying when they logged in last? a page to see who is online instead of just a box of 4 on the homepage, this goes for new users too, I know people like to welcome new people. and maybe videos in media, it could add a new dimension of saying hello, making it more personal?

Noticed this on google it says "meet penpals from all over the world • penpal gate" also it says "login • penpal gate"

Yes it has already been fixed but it will take some time for Google to reflect the changes. Thanks

also some ideas, each profile saying when they logged in last? a page to see who is online instead of just a box of 4 on the homepage, this goes for new users too, I know people like to welcome new people. and maybe videos in media, it could add a new dimension of saying hello, making it more personal?

It doesn't really bring value to know when people have been online last, some might even consider it's private information (less and less social networks show this). If they appear in the search results you can assume they've used the site very recently.

You can already see who is online if you sort members by "last online". You can sort by "new members" too to see who signed up recently.

Images/videos/audio support could be a nice feature but would require a ton of work to implement. Maybe in the future, the site also needs to grow a little bit to justify such a big investment.